Thursday, August 1, 2013

Maybelline the Rocket Mascara Review!

Volum' Express® The Rocket™ Washable Mascara

Hi loves! I recently bought the semi-new Rocket Mascara by Maybelline and I felt the need to review it, because this mascara and I seem to have a love-hate relationship... and some very mixed feelings! ;)
I originally bought this mascara after hearing it holds the curl in your lashes really well.  My lashes are really straight and I curl them every single time I go out, so I bought this mascara in hopes it would help! Now I got the one that is not waterproof, however this mascara does not come off! I use makeup removes twice, wash my face, use makeup remover again, and the next morning I still have black under my eyes! In the add it said this mascara has a latex finish or something, which may contribute to the difficulty I have in getting it all off. Also, have any of you seen the review on Pinterest going around about this mascara? It is pretty funny; I will link it below.
Another problem I have with this mascara is that some days I love it, my lashes look curled and amazing, but other days it clumps and sticks to the point where I appear to have one single eyelash... (that may be an exaggeration, but you get my point!)

Pros
- the brush is thick and soft, but still firm
- stays on ALLLL day (and night!)

Cons
- can be clumpy
- does not always hold a curl
- EXTREMELY hard to remove

On the Maybelline website it says this product removes easily with soap/water and the Maybelline Clean Express Classic Eye Makeup Remover. So perhaps, if you believe in second chances like me, it will come off with the Maybelline remover (I used Almay and Simple)...?
Let me know down below your thought on this mascara, and how you feel about it!
Xoxo,
Emily

PS. photo from Maybelline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment